Mathosi Engineering is a South African registered Proprietary Limited Company since 2002. We are 100% Black Owned with 51% female majority ownership. Our offices are based in the Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality which is a mere 15 minutes from OR Tambo International Airport.
We are a turnkey solutions provider for Electrical, Mechanical, Automation and Process Control in the Water, Gas and Electricity built environment sector within Southern Africa.
Our management and technical teams consists of Engineers, Technologists and Technicians in the fields of Electrical, Mechanical and Chemical Engineering. The company and personnel are registered with the following institutions:
- Engineering Council of South Africa – Members
- South African Institute of Electrical Engineers – Members
- Department of Labour – Electrical Contractor
- Dept Trade & Industry – Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment
- Rand Mutual Assurance – Workmen’s Compensation
- The South African Revenue Services – All Taxes
- The Construction Industry Development Board – Electrical and Mechanical
- The Electrical Conformance Board – Electrical Contractor
- The South African Council for Project and Construction Management
- Professions – Members
our mission and values
Our mission is to be the preferred turnkey solutions provider within the industries we operate in.
areas of expertise
We have extensive record of accomplishment in the Water and Electricity Sector. Our competency is not limited to the following activities:
- Designing of general arrangement diagrams, single layout and schematic diagrams using AutoCAD software.
- MV systems, Fault Level Calculation, protection schemes and settings.
- LV assembly design, manufacturing of motor control centers, distribution boards, installations, testing and commissioning.
- Area Lighting and small power system design, installation, testing and Commissioning.
- Standby Diesel Generator and Uninterruptible Power Supply design, installation, testing and commissioning.
- Cabling and support systems.
- Designing of loop diagrams, network diagrams, wiring diagrams and PLC Rack Layouts using AutoCAD software
- Design, manufacture, installation, testing and commissioning of PLC / HMI panels
- Functional and Control Philosophies
- Design, installation, testing and commissioning of various BUS Networking systems.
- Design, installation, testing and commission of PLC, HMI and SCADA Systems
- Designing of Piping and Instrumentation diagrams (P&ID), mechanical layouts of pipes, valves and pumps etc. using the latest AutoCAD Inventor and Solid works software
- Process Control and Instrumentation designs, installations, testing and commissioning
- Design, installation, testing and commissioning of Complete Portable Water Treatment Plants
- Complete Portable or Waste Water Pumping Stations sizing, selection, installation, testing and commissioning
- Supply and installation of Low Voltage Assemblies at Rooiwal Power Station
- Supply, testing, commissioning, and Putting into service of a BG3 Monitoring System at Vaal Dam, Control Works, and Engine Room 1
- Design, Manufacture, installation and putting into service of Chlorine Residual Sampling Kiosk at Vereeniging Pumping Station
- Design, supply and putting into service of a Servomex Gas Analyser at Zuikerbosch Pumping Station
- Design, supply, performance testing of mechanical electrical and electronic equipment for Module 2 new 50ml/day Biological Nutrient Plant at Welgedacht WWCW (Joint Venture)
- Design, Manufacture and putting into service of Disinfection Plant at Palmiet Pumping Station
- Design, supply of Electrical Distribution Switchboards and Motor Control Centers for DD5-DD6 ERWAT Plants
- Design, manufacture, installation and putting into service of a new CO2 Dosing Plant at System 2 Zuikerbosch Pumping Station
- Construction of a new Wallmansthal Reservoir Pumping Station and Refurbishment of the Zonderwater Pumping station at Cullinan
- Upgrade of PLC and SCADA at Mapleton Pumping Station
- Upgrade of Emergency Power Supply at Mapleton Pumping Station
- Design, Manufacture and putting into service of an Activated Silica Dosing Plant 5A at Station 5 Zuikerbosch Pumping Station
- Construction of the MV Power supply and Reticulation of Station 5A at Zuikerbosch Pumping Station
- Design, supply and installation of Electrical Distribution Switchboards and Motor Control Centers for Dekema Section 7-8, Daveyton and JP Marais WWCW
- Upgrade of the Wallmansthal High Lift Pump Station
- Supply, installation of electrical, control and instrumentation equipment for the Sondela Booster Pumpstation
- Upgrade of the Brits Water Treatment Plants (Electrical) Phase 2